Wireless Internet Use
The WDM Public Library is pleased to provide wireless (“Wi-Fi”) access for our patrons to our Internet service. If you bring your own laptop computer in to the library and wish to use the Internet connection, you need the following:
- Wireless network interface card (802.11a/b/g/n or compatible)
- Ability to configure laptop to use the library’s connection (open connection – SSID = lib-patron)
- Charged battery (many electrical outlets are available, but not in every seating area)
- Audio/Video users should bring headphones. Headphones may be available for checkout at the Children’s or Adult Reference Desks.
- Library staff members generally do not assist customers with their computer or their configuration. Library staff cannot accept the liability for handling non-library equipment.
- Wireless Printing is available through our Envisionware print management system. See the information below or go directly to our Mobile Printing site.
More information is available in the Computers and Internet area of our website.
The WDM Library offers Wireless Printing to an in-house printer from patron laptops and mobile devices via Wi-Fi. As with our in-house computer stations, you can use a library card or guest pass to pay for printing. To use:
Link to the wireless printing download site hosted at printeron.net – follow the on-screen instructions.
You will have choice of b/w (20c/page) or color (50c/page) ‘printers’ (they go to the same printer). Currently only the 2nd floor printer is useable for wireless printing.
You will be asked to provide an email address – this is only used to identify your printout when you go to pick it up. You will not receive any marketing emails.
You will release, pay for and pick up your printouts on the 2nd floor. We recommend picking them up immediately. If you have a WDM Library card, you may use that to pay for printing. Otherwise, the release station is connected to a vending unit.