Friends Foundation Fundraiser-to-Go!
The West Des Moines Library Friends Foundation is introducing our first-ever Fundraiser-To-Go! While it’s not quite safe enough to host our Annual Wine and Cheese Event, we wanted to continue to provide this experience on safer terms.
Throughout the past year, we've all used curbside services for everything from clothing to groceries, and even library materials (thanks to the awesome staff at the West Des Moines Library!). Now we've adapted the Friends' Annual Wine and Cheese Event to be "to-go"!
We have a limited supply, so order online when sales open on Thursday, April 15th!
The following items in the Wine and Cheese Fundraiser-To-Go were selected to encourage and support Iowa authors and businesses:
- Large Friends Foundation Canvas Bag – features a custom design to encourage everyone to read local and support our community
- Iowa Author Showcase List
- West Des Moines Library Bookmark (with custom Bozz Print)
- Wine, Beer and Cheese pairing recommendations - including Iowa wineries and craft beers
- Wine Journal - to log your favorites
- Multi-Purpose Cheese/Cutting Board with embossed Friends Foundation logo
- Foldable Booklight
- Gourmet Godiva Chocolate Bar
- West Des Moines Library Fine Forgiveness card
Cost: $50 per bag - includes curbside pickup the week of May 3rd!
Please consider supporting the Library Friends Foundation by purchasing one or more of our Limited-Edition Wine and Cheese Fundraiser-To-Go bags!
Click the "Grab a Fundraiser-to-Go" button on this page to show your support - sales start Thursday, April 15th and supplies are limited!
Support the Friends, Support the Library
Proceeds from this Fundraiser-to-Go event will support:
• Ongoing Outreach Literacy Programs
• Newly created Teen Center
• The Summer Reading Program
• Additional Adult and Children Programming efforts
If you are not interested in purchasing a Wine and Cheese Fundraiser-To-Go bag, but would still like to support the West Des Moines Library Friends Foundation, you can click the Become a Friend button lower on this page.
If you have any questions, please contact The Friends at email@example.com
Become a Friend of the West Des Moines Library
The West Des Moines Library Friends Foundation supports the West Des Moines Public Library and the many services, materials, and programs it provides to our community. With your support, this year the Friends Foundation will help the Library:
- Purchase new books, electronic materials, technology, and library artwork.
- Support essential programs that serve the unique needs of children, teens, adults, and seniors.
- Help fund the library’s Summer Reading Program serving almost 2,600 registered children.
- During the summer, over 170 programs were offered to more than 25,000 attendees.
- Sponsor and operate special events like the Visiting Author series, featuring Iowa authors
If you share our belief that a strong public library is essential to making West Des Moines an even better place to live, please join or renew your membership to the Friends Foundation. Click the button below to renew or Become a Friend online.
You can also send your membership donation to:
West Des Moines Library Friends Foundation
4000 Mills Civic Parkway
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265-2049
Your membership is tax-deductible and will ensure a strong and vital community library.
The 2020-2021 Friends Foundation Board Members
Kate Amdor, Fran Andrews, Elizabeth Baustian, Sally Beisser, Paul Bishop, Kate Bloomburg, Stacy Conradt, Jean Fajen, Deb Flagg, Katie Getting, Lynda Goplerud, Scott Griese, Steve Harms, Justine M. Morton, Mary Kay Newton, Ed O’Neill, Don Ryckman, Michele Schatzberg, Andrea Solomon, Kathleen Till-Stange, Teresa Volcheck, Dan Werner
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this email is staffed by volunteers, and may not be answered same-day.