Become a Friend of the West Des Moines Library
The West Des Moines Library Friends Foundation supports the West Des Moines Public Library and the many services, materials, and programs it provides to our community. With your support, this year the Friends Foundation will help the Library:
- Purchase new books, electronic materials, technology, and library artwork.
- Support essential programs that serve the unique needs of children, teens, adults, and seniors.
- Help fund the library’s Summer Reading Program serving almost 2,600 registered children.
- During the summer, over 170 programs were offered to more than 25,000 attendees.
- Sponsor and operate special events like the Visiting Author series, featuring Iowa authors
If you share our belief that a strong public library is essential to making West Des Moines an even better place to live, please join or renew your membership to the Friends Foundation. Click the button below to renew or Become a Friend online.
You can also send your membership donation to:
West Des Moines Library Friends Foundation
4000 Mills Civic Parkway
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265-2049
Your membership is tax-deductible and will ensure a strong and vital community library.
The 2021-2022 Friends Foundation Board Members
Kate Amdor, Fran Andrews, Chinmay Bajikar, Paul Bishop, Kate Bloomburg, Stacy Conradt, Brandon Denner, Jean Fajen, Mary Fratianni, Kathryn Greenfield, Scott Griese, Steve Harms, Justine M. Morton, Mary Kay Newton, Lynda Oakley, Kevin Nabity, Ed O’Neill, Jim Rasmussen, Abby Rogers, Don Ryckman, Michele Schatzberg, Andrea Solomon, Teresa Volcheck, Ellie Wakefield, Dan Werner
Questions can be directed to email@example.com. Note that this email is staffed by volunteers, and may not be answered same-day.
Thank you to everyone who made our recent Fundraiser-to-Go event a huge success! We reached our goal. If you purchased a bag, pickup instructions will be mailed to you. Thank you!
Proceeds from this Fundraiser-to-Go event will support:
• Ongoing Outreach Literacy Programs
• Newly created Teen Center
• The Summer Reading Program
• Additional Adult and Children Programming efforts
If you missed purchasing a Wine and Cheese Fundraiser-To-Go bag, but would still like to support the West Des Moines Library Friends Foundation, you can click the Become a Friend button lower on this page.
If you have any questions, please contact The Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org