Some of our patrons who utilize our eContent services may have noticed some changes to OverDrive. This is because, as of February 23, OverDrive has started to transition all users to the Libby app.
Patrons who currently have the OverDrive app downloaded to their devices will still be able to use the app until a later date in 2022 (yet to be announced). BUT, we recommend making the switch over to the Libby app now so you can walk through the transition with library staff before the OverDrive app is completely discontinued.
OverDrive has cited that their decision to switch users over to the Libby app is because “they believe that Libby is the best reading experience for all users. With valuable partner and user feedback, we’re constantly enhancing the app and adding new features to engage readers.”
Below are some of the benefits that the Libby app brings:
- Easy onboarding for new users
- A unified bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Support for multiple library cards
- Direct user support from OverDrive
- A best-in-class ebook reader that supports comics, magazines, and read-alongs
- Push notifications for ready holds, new magazine issues, and more
- Same look and feel on both Android and iOS devices
- Ability to export notes and highlights
- Tags to track favorite reads, wish lists, and more
- Compatibility with Apple CarPlay (Note: Android Auto is supported in both apps.)
- Sonos speaker integration
- Support for “Extras,” including streaming video services, educational courses, and more
Have a specific question about the transition from OverDrive to Libby? Check out their robust FAQ here.
The video below walks you through your initial Libby app setup.