CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE FOR CHECK OUT
We are having some tech issues with the iPads. We are looking for a new solution and hope to have them available again by the end of summer, 2021.
Apple iPads are mobile tablet computers. The Library’s circulating iPads are 6th Generation, 32GB models that connect to the internet via Wi-Fi.
If you are considering adding a tablet and want to try one out for a week, this is a great option.
If you need additional tablet computing for a trip or additional home use.
You will need a Wi-Fi internet connection for online access. If you do not have access to Wi-Fi, you may want to consider checking out a wireless hotspot.
Apps: The Library’s iPads have preloaded applications of general interest for adults and children. Users may add apps using their own Apple ID (the Library does not provide an Apple ID) – these will be wiped when the unit is returned. For your privacy, we do not recommend entering any private information on a lending device.
- Turn on the unit. A charging block and cable is provided if needed.
- To connect to Wi-Fi, go into Settings > Wi-Fi and turn the connection on. It will search for local Wi-Fi options – connect to your local Wi-Fi in the normal way. To save battery life, and for privacy, we recommend disconnecting Wi-Fi when the iPad is not in use.
- Apps are accessed by touching the icons. To close apps, double-click on the round Home button at the bottom of the unit. All open apps will appear – swipe UP on any app you want to close. You can click on Home at any time to open new apps.
- WDM Library cardholders in good standing who are 18 years of age or older may check out an iPad.
- iPad's check out for seven (7) days.
- The cardholder must present a photo ID and a valid WDM library card number in order to check out a hotspot.
- Borrowers must read, understand, and sign an agreement every time an iPad is checked out.
- iPads can only be checked out and returned to the West Des Moines Public Library Reference Desk (2nd floor). They may only be renewed – if there are no holds – once the equipment has been returned and checked in by staff in person. Note: some exceptions are available due to Covid – contact the Reference Desk for options.
- iPads must be returned to library staff no later than one (1) hour before the library closes.
- Overdue fees will be charged for iPads not returned by their due date in the amount of $10.00 per day.
- If the iPad is placed in any book return at any time for any reason, a fee of $25.00 will be assessed in addition to any other accumulated fees or fines.
1 iPad, 1 power block, 1 lightning charging cord, 1 soft-sided case